Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Don't remember where I found this, and I have been meaning to try it for some time.
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup water or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon instant onion soup mix
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 5 large green peppers
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat condensed cream of celery soup, water or broth, and onion soup mix in large saucepan until bubbly. Stir in chicken, heat through. Stir in rice and remove from heat.
- To assemble, halve peppers lengthwise; remove stems, seeds, and membranes. Place pepper halves, cut sides up, in a large shallow baking or roasting pan. Divide chicken mixture among the pepper halves. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Bake peppers, loosely covered with foil, in a 350 degree F oven about 45 minutes or until heated through. Top with cheese and return to oven, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until cheese is just melted.
Thank you for posting this recipe. I lost this recipe quite some time ago and have been searching for it. I can't believe I misplaced it, this was our favorite stuffed pepper recipe, not really fond of the ground beef and tomato sauce recipe. This is the BEST! I can always count on this site to find the recipe I'm looking for. Thank you again for posting it.
Very very easy. bakes in the oven perfectly without precooking the peppers. Just had it for lunch the next day, makes great leftovers!