Recipe by The Finicky Chef
Don't remember where I found this, and I have been meaning to try it for some time.
Top Review by Deb, A Westie Mom
Thank you for posting this recipe. I lost this recipe quite some time ago and have been searching for it. I can't believe I misplaced it, this was our favorite stuffed pepper recipe, not really fond of the ground beef and tomato sauce recipe. This is the BEST! I can always count on this site to find the recipe I'm looking for. Thank you again for posting it.
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup water or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon instant onion soup mix
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 5 large green peppers
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat condensed cream of celery soup, water or broth, and onion soup mix in large saucepan until bubbly. Stir in chicken, heat through. Stir in rice and remove from heat.
- To assemble, halve peppers lengthwise; remove stems, seeds, and membranes. Place pepper halves, cut sides up, in a large shallow baking or roasting pan. Divide chicken mixture among the pepper halves. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Bake peppers, loosely covered with foil, in a 350 degree F oven about 45 minutes or until heated through. Top with cheese and return to oven, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until cheese is just melted.