Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I can't remember if I got this somewhere or made it up myself.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (2 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup mixed frozen vegetables, canned, blanched fresh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In slow cooker, combine chicken, broth, vegetables and seasonings.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours, or cook on high for 3 to 4 hours. Makes 8 of chicken rice soup.
I didn't have broth so I put in cream of chicken soup and water. Tastes great. Next time I think I wll add rice nearer the end. Rice got mushier than we like. Thanks for sharing!
The only thing i did nt add was the celery as i am not a big fan but this recipe was very tasty and it was nice to come home from running errands and smell the aroma through the house. Tasted great and will try again.Thanks.