Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
In Brazil we call this Soup " Canja" and it's wonderful for cold's recovery.
Make and share this Chicken and Rice Soup (Canja) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken pieces (Skinless and boneless, you can choose the part you like best)
- 2 tablespoons of chicken maggi seasoning, instant bouillon
- 2 tablespoons of badia complete seasoning
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup rice
- 6 cups water
- Clean the chicken parts for fat and nerves and cut them in pieces.
- In a big pan mix the onion powder, garlic powder, seasoning , bouillon and the chicken.
- Turn the heat on to a medium high (6-7).
- Let the chicken fry a little until it changes color from pink to lo light brown.
- Add the rice and keep mixing it. We need the rice to get the spice's flavor.
- Add the water and let it boil.
- When it's boiling reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 20 min or until the rice is really soft.
- Enjoy it.