Recipe by John Peck
This is from my pressure cooker cook book. I make the rice using chicken broth instead of water. This replaces most of the salt stated in the original recipe.
- 2 split chicken breasts, with bone
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 large onion, peeled
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 3 celery ribs, sliced thin
- 3 cups white rice, cooked al dente
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken, salt, onion, water and broth in pressure cooker.
- Cook 10 minutes with pressure cooker on meat selector.
- Remove chicken, cut into chunks and set aside. Strain broth and return to pot. Add carrots and celery.
- Cook 3 minutes with pressure cooker on meat selector.
- Remove from heat and release pressure.
- Add cooked chicken, rice and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.