Easy, easy dinner. I make this a lot when my husband is gone and I don't feel like cooking anything complicated. Makes great leftovers for lunch the next day. I usually cheat and use a roasted chicken from the supermarket--I just heat the shredded meat in butter for a few minutes in step one instead of cooking it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) package Betty Crocker Chicken Helper chicken and herb rice (I have always used the fried rice flavor, since I can't find chicken and herb)
- 2 3/4 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar, to taste
- 1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen oriental-style vegetables, thawed
- 1Melt butter in 10 inch skillet over high heat.
- 2Cook chicken in butter 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until outside turns white.
- 3Stir in uncooked rice, sauce mix, and hot water.
- 4Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- 5Reduce heat and cover.
- 6Simmer about 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 7Stir in soy sauce, brown sugar and peanut butter (I use more than the recipe calls for) and stir until peanut butter is melted.
- 8Stir in vegetables.
- 9Heat to boiling, stirring frequently.
- 10Stir before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Rice Oriental
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.9
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.0 mg
- Sodium 427.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Betty Crocker Chicken Helper chicken and herb rice
frozen oriental-style vegetables