Recipe by CindiJ
A long day at the hospital and I come home to a package of boneless skinless chicken breasts needing to be used. I decided to make a different version of the old standard. This was given a thumbs up by my family and was told I "could" make this again.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 3 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- salt & pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper (to taste) or with your favorite seasoning blend.
- In large non-stick skillet sear the breasts over medium-high heat (use no additional oil or spray) until lightly browned on each side (approximately 4-5 minutes). Chicken will not be done at this stage. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
- Spoon cooked rice around the chicken breasts.
- Place frozen broccoli florets (can use fresh if you have) over the chicken and rice mixture.
- Sprinkle with grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine cream of mushroom soups and milk together. Pour this mixture over the entire skillet of chicken, rice, broccoli and cheese.
- Cover with oven-proof lid or aluminum foil and place in oven. Bake for 45 minutes, remove lid or foil and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes or until mixture is bubbling throughout.
- Serve immediately.