Recipe by Sherries1970
I'm sure somewhere along the way someone else created this recipe. I was bored with plain chicken, etc so I decided to "spice it up" and add some mexican flair to it.
Top Review by Vyxie's Kitchen
This was really good. I would have given it 5 stars, but the recipe doesn't say what kind of rice (minute, long grain, etc.) to use. I used long grain brown rice since that I what I had in the house and had to increase the cooking time by about 15-20 minutes. Other than that, it was great. I will make it again.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 9 x 13 x 2 baking dish add rice, salsa and taco seasoning.
- Layer chicken on top of rice.
- Pour water over everything and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add shredded cheese and bake until cheese is melted.
- Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.