Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fast and elegant dinner ready in 30 minutes. Add snow peas and dinner is done.
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallions or 1⁄4 cup spring onion
- Bring the first 4 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring once or twice.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the almonds and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until toasted golden brown.
- Melt the remaining butter in the same skillet.
- Cook the chicken, turning once, for 12 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Stir in the marmalade until melted.
- Mound the rice onto a plate and top with the chicken.
- Sprinkle with the almonds and scallions.
This is a decent quick weeknight meal. I used quick brown rice. I doubled the marmamalade.