Recipe by Marie
Quick, easy one dish oven meal. Has a wonderful basil, garlic flavor.
Top Review by carole in orlando
Marie, the taste was great! Easy to put together, too. I would use a lasagna pan next time as it bubbled over for me, and I would cut the rice to 1 to 1 1/2 cups as mine was a little dry. It will be in my recipe book as a great, quick casserole. Carole
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, mushroom soup, broth, mushrooms, green pepper, basil, oregano, garlic, black pepper and 1/4 c cheese.
- Stir until all ingredients are mixed.
- Pour mixture into 9x13 baking dish.
- Place chicken on top of mixture and cover with foil.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- In small bowl, combine the bread crumbs and remaining cheese.
- Remove dish from oven, uncover and sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Return to oven and bake, uncovered for 20 more minutes or until brown.