Recipe by echo echo
Very presentable and easy to make. Time does not include cooking time for the rice. I use the light whipped cream cheese with garlic and herbs. I believe you can substitute Boursin or other spreadable cheese, as well, though I haven't tried that.
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules or 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 ounces cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 3 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the wine, water and bouillon granules to a boil in a large skillet.
- Add the chicken, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15-20 min (or until fully cooked), turning chicken halfway through.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- Bring the liquid in the skillet to a boil and cook about 5 min until reduced to 2/3 cup.
- Combine 1 Tbs water with cornstarch; add to skillet, bring to a boil, and cook 1 min, stirring constantly.
- Add cream cheese and cook until well blended, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Serve chicken over rice, spoon sauce over chicken and sprinkle with parsley.