Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
An easy to put together all in one dish chicken casserole from America's Test Kitchen. No "Cream of Whatever" soups and so delicious!
- Lightly salt and pepper chicken.
- Coat chicken pieces with flour.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- In a bowl, combine the water, rice, milk, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper.
- Pour into a greased 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Top with chicken.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350° for 35 to 45 minutes or until rice and chicken are tender.
- Garnish by sprinkling with chopped fresh parsley.
Tastes good! I didn't use instant rice, so it took way longer to bake- probably about 80 minutes.