Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
An easy to put together all in one dish chicken casserole from America's Test Kitchen. No "Cream of Whatever" soups and so delicious!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
- Lightly salt and pepper chicken.
- Coat chicken pieces with flour.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- In a bowl, combine the water, rice, milk, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper.
- Pour into a greased 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Top with chicken.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350° for 35 to 45 minutes or until rice and chicken are tender.
- Garnish by sprinkling with chopped fresh parsley.
Tastes good! I didn't use instant rice, so it took way longer to bake- probably about 80 minutes.