Recipe by lik2fish
Chicken and Rice Chili
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written. I used crushed tomotoes for the can of tomatoes. Next time I make this I would omit the kidney beans as I didn't care for them much in this recipe. We also thought it could have used more chili powder. This was a good start though to what we thought could be a great chicken chili.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagerice-a-roni Spanish rice mix
- 2 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-quart saucepan, combine rice mix, special seasonings, water, chicken, beans, tomatoes, green pepper, chili powder and cumin.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered, about 20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Top with cheese, sour cream and cilantro if desired.