Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chicken and Rice Chili
Make and share this Chicken and Rice Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagerice-a-roni Spanish rice mix
- 2 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a 3-quart saucepan, combine rice mix, special seasonings, water, chicken, beans, tomatoes, green pepper, chili powder and cumin.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered, about 20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Top with cheese, sour cream and cilantro if desired.