Recipe by Fluffy
This casserole can be frozen for up to 2 months. You can substitute red peppers for jalapenos.
Top Review by butterflymoon88_12803317
This was a quick and simple dish to prepare. My little kids even liked it. I didn't have any milk so I used sour cream instead and I also added some broccoli. Yummy :)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 2 quart casserole.
- Combine rice cheese chicken evaporated milk onion eggs cilantro butter and jalapenos in prepared casserole; stir well.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- For freeze ahead prepare as above; donot bake.
- Cover freeze for up to 2 months.
- Thaw overnight in fridge.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 60 to 70 minutes.