Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This casserole can be frozen for up to 2 months. You can substitute red peppers for jalapenos.
Make and share this Chicken and Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 2 quart casserole.
- Combine rice cheese chicken evaporated milk onion eggs cilantro butter and jalapenos in prepared casserole; stir well.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- For freeze ahead prepare as above; donot bake.
- Cover freeze for up to 2 months.
- Thaw overnight in fridge.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 60 to 70 minutes.
This was a quick and simple dish to prepare. My little kids even liked it. I didn't have any milk so I used sour cream instead and I also added some broccoli. Yummy :)
This was a quick and easy dish to make, and tasted alright, but we did not enjoy it enough to make it again. There was something just a little bit "different" about the flavour - we couldn't quite put our fingers on it to explain it any better.
I thought this was easy to throw together, but nobody was really thrilled about the way it tasted. Mine came out kind of on the dry side and the family just didn't care for it.