1/3 Photos of Chicken and Rice Casserole
1 hr 25 mins
Douglas Poe's Note:
Everyone needs a good chicken and rice recipe, and this is a tasty one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, minced (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups of shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup crushed buttery type cracker
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- 3Mixed all the ingredients together except crackers and butter.
- 4Spread into the pan.
- 5Bake uncovered, for 30-45 minutes until bubbling.
- 6Remove and add the cracker topping and dollop with butter, and bake another 10 minutes or until the crumbs brown.
- 7Let casserole sit for a few minutes to settle before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.1
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 148.8 mg
- Sodium 730.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 34.3 g