Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
Everyone needs a good chicken and rice recipe, and this is a tasty one.
Make and share this Chicken and Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, minced (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups of shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup crushed buttery type cracker
- 5 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Mixed all the ingredients together except crackers and butter.
- Spread into the pan.
- Bake uncovered, for 30-45 minutes until bubbling.
- Remove and add the cracker topping and dollop with butter, and bake another 10 minutes or until the crumbs brown.
- Let casserole sit for a few minutes to settle before serving.
Loved this casserole. This is just the flavor that I have been looking for. May add broccoli but was wonderful as is.
What a wonderful chicken and rice recipe!!! We have always loved (my kids favorite meal) my sisters recipe for Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole, which we have always had over egg noodles, but I had heard others had it with rice, so I had to try your version. Definitely wasn't disappointed with this version and it really was like a new meal, quite different from our version. But I do admit to adding more like a cup of the crushed crackers, love those on top. My 20 yo DS, who is off on his own for college, wants to try it this Friday when he is home. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for Fall PAC 2012.