- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, minced (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups of shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup crushed buttery type cracker
- 5 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Mixed all the ingredients together except crackers and butter.
- Spread into the pan.
- Bake uncovered, for 30-45 minutes until bubbling.
- Remove and add the cracker topping and dollop with butter, and bake another 10 minutes or until the crumbs brown.
- Let casserole sit for a few minutes to settle before serving.