Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The sherry and curry powder used in this casserole give a distinct flavor. My aunt has made this for years. I have no idea where it originated, but its worth the effort.
- boil chicken with sherry, water, salt, onion, celery,& curry powder for 1 hour.
- Then cool.
- Bone chicken and cut into 1" pieces.
- Saute your sliced mushrooms iwth 1/2 cup butter.
- Cook 16 ounces wild long grain rice in chicken and wine broth.
- **Allowbroth to come to rolling boil, then cover and let simmer 15 minutes on low heat with lid tightly closed.
- Fluff with fork when rice is.
- When the rice has finished cooking mix chicken, mushrooms, 1 cup sour cream and 1 can of cream of mushroom soup into the rice.
- BAke 350* until bubbly Feeds lots, reheats well from freezer or fridge.