Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this tonight to try to use up ingredients I already had in order to avoid a trip to the grocery store. I thought it turned out pretty good!!! My toddler even ate it!
- 1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
- 2. Pour rice on the bottom of dish. Add 1 1/4 cups hot chicken broth. Scatter the bread crumbs and lemon pepper on top.
- 3. Spread mushrooms on top of this.
- 4. Place 4 chicken breasts on top of the rice and mushrooms.
- 5. Top each chicken breast with spoonfuls of gravy until they're covered. You could then add more bread crumbs to the top of the gravy if you'd like it crunchy.
- 6. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
This was very good and so easy! I found it a bit salty so would use less lemon pepper next time (maybe it's the generic brand I used). I chose this recipe because I had some leftover gravy and I LOVE rice, but to tell the truth, I didn't expect much. Whoever heard of baking raw rice without covering the pan with foil? But I heated the broth as directed and it came out fine, maybe a bit crunchy just on the edges but we cajuns like a bit of crunch. It wasn't quite done at 30 minutes, so I turned the oven off and left it in there another 10-15 min. I also used fresh mushrooms 'cause I hate the canned ones. Thanks for the recipe Kristi!