Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Our mother was the queen of inexpensive casserole dishes. This is one of my childhood favorites.
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Mix together rice, soup, milk, and half the envelope of onion soup mix.
- Place chicken breasts on top.
- Sprinkle remaining onion soup mix over chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 min at 350 degrees to an hour or until rice is done.
- Remove foil and bake and an additional 15 minutes or until top is slightly browned.
- Note* I like to add some fresh or canned mushrooms because I love them and they go well with this dish.
Thrilled with how this turned out. We are on a budget now and eating out much less. This is easier than any dish I have in my current repetoir, and my family loved it! I usually find chicken and rice dishes a bit bland, but this was flavorful, inexpensive, and super quick.