Recipe by just steffy
Our mother was the queen of inexpensive casserole dishes. This is one of my childhood favorites.
Top Review by StarfishBlue
Thrilled with how this turned out. We are on a budget now and eating out much less. This is easier than any dish I have in my current repetoir, and my family loved it! I usually find chicken and rice dishes a bit bland, but this was flavorful, inexpensive, and super quick.
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together rice, soup, milk, and half the envelope of onion soup mix.
- Place chicken breasts on top.
- Sprinkle remaining onion soup mix over chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 min at 350 degrees to an hour or until rice is done.
- Remove foil and bake and an additional 15 minutes or until top is slightly browned.
- Note* I like to add some fresh or canned mushrooms because I love them and they go well with this dish.