Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I adapted this from a tuna and rice casserole that I saw on this site, because my husband doesn't like hot tuna, and I had a lot of leftover chicken to use up. I think it would be good with cheddar cheese, crushed french onion rings, or bread crumbs for a topping.
- 1 (7 ounce) package chicken rice-a-roni
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped and sauteed
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 cup frozen French-cut green beans
- Cook rice a roni according to package directions. While this is cooking, put together in large casserole dish, all the remaining ingredients. Add rice a roni and mix together. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees.