Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Here's another chicken and rice casserole to try.
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a large casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine soup, milk and mayonnaise.
- In another bowl, combine rice, chicken, peas, onion and bell pepper.
- Stir soup mixture into chicken mixture.
- Add half the cheddar.
- Spoon into casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheddar.
- Bake until top is golden, about 25 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll pastry to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter, mark cutouts in pastry and cut out with knife.
- Arrange cutouts on an ungreased baking sheet; brush tops with egg white.
- Place pastry cutouts in oven during last 15 minutes of casserole baking time.
- Bake cutouts until golden brown.
- Transfer to wire rack.
- Remove casserole from oven and arrange baked pastry cutouts in top of casserole.
- Serve immediately.