Tisy Adams's Note:
Here's another chicken and rice casserole to try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers or 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a large casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine soup, milk and mayonnaise.
- 4In another bowl, combine rice, chicken, peas, onion and bell pepper.
- 5Stir soup mixture into chicken mixture.
- 6Add half the cheddar.
- 7Spoon into casserole.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining cheddar.
- 9Bake until top is golden, about 25 minutes.
- 10On a floured surface, roll pastry to 1/8 inch thickness.
- 11Using a cookie cutter, mark cutouts in pastry and cut out with knife.
- 12Arrange cutouts on an ungreased baking sheet; brush tops with egg white.
- 13Place pastry cutouts in oven during last 15 minutes of casserole baking time.
- 14Bake cutouts until golden brown.
- 15Transfer to wire rack.
- 16Remove casserole from oven and arrange baked pastry cutouts in top of casserole.
- 17Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (487 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 892.4
- Calories from Fat 445
- Total Fat 49.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 97.1 mg
- Sodium 1054.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 37.2 g