Recipe by sasha's kitchen
my husband and I just love Mexican food so much,during our Houston trip,we've frequented Los Cucos minimum 6 times,which we think is definitely the best Mexican restaurant we've ever experienced,even now we're back home,Mexican food is still our weekly must-have food!I've been searching and learning good recipes,found this one in a Mexican cook book,this burrito looks yummy:-)so I put it here hoping that all the Mexican food lover like us can share!
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 7 ounces can chopped tomatoes in tomato juice
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
- 1 1⁄4 cups monterey jack cheese or 1 1⁄4 cups mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- 8 flour tortillas, 8-10inch
- fresh oregano, to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- bring a sauce pan of slightly salted water to a boil,add rice and cook for 8 min.drain,rinse and then drain again.
- heat the oil in a large sauce pan,fry onion with ground cloves and oregano for 2-3 min,stir in the rice and tomatoes,cook over low heat until all the tomato juice has been absorbed,set the pan aside.
- put the chicken in a sauce pan,pour in water to cover and bring to a boil,lower the heat and simmer for about 10 min or until chicken is cooked through,remove from water and let cool.
- preheat oven to 325F,shred the chicken and add to the rice mixture,with grated cheese,stir in sour cream if using.
- heat the tortillas wrapped in wet paper towels in microwave on high power for 1 minute.
- spoon one-eighth of the filling into the center of a tortilla and fold in both sides,fold the bottom up and the top down to form a parcel,secure with a tooth pick.
- put the burrito in a shallow dish or casserole,cover with foil and keep warm in the oven while you make seven more,remove the tooth pick before serving,sprinkle with fresh oregano.