Recipe by diner524
This is a recipe I had marked to try from my TOH Homemakers School Magazine. I love recipes that use French's French Fried Onions, so if you don't wouldn't recommend this to try. I like that is a one pan meal and looks so tasty.
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄3 cups French-fried onions, divided
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 4 chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 13 X 9 inches baking dish, combine soup, water, rice, mushrooms, 2/3 cup french fried onions and 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce. Arrange chicken on top of rice mixture. Brush chicken with remaining worcestershire sauce; sprinkle with paprika and thyme. Bake at 375 degrees, uncovered, for 1 hour or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Top with remaining onions and bake additional 3 minutes or until onions are golden.