Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you like chicken and rice dishes this recipe will rate high on your list.
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 3⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1 pinch saffron
- Fry chicken in oil over medium heat until they are all browned. Remove chicken from the pan and keep warm.
- Cook onion in chicken drippings, scraping all the bits to combine with the onion in order to make the dish more flavorful. Cook until the onion begins to turn golder. Add green pepper and garlic. Cook for about 5 min stirring often.
- Then add chicken, rice, chicken stock, bouillon, peas, mushrooms and saffron. Cover and simmer for 15-18 minute Cook only until the rice is done and then remove from heat. Serve hot.
This dish is quick to prepare and I love that it is a one pot kind of meal. The chicken turned out moist. I halved the recipe without trouble; A really good, basic, every day chicken recipe and you can switch up the vegetable according to preference and what you have in the fridge.