Recipe by mmm29
Don't let the low cooking temperature scare you, it turns out perfectly every time. This is an extremely easy, VERY yummy recipe. My family once served 65 people using this recipe (with the help of neighbors' ovens!). This recipe has won an award in a cooking contest.
Top Review by Rayna
My family loved this dish. The chicken was sooo tender and my rice didn't get hard like it does in some chicken and rice recipies. I did cover it while I baked it to ensure the rice on the top would not harden and so the chicken wouldn't get too dry. I also added a can of mushrooms and some shredded cheddar cheese to the soups. Very easy to make.
- meaty chicken piece
- 295.73 ml uncooked rice
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine rice, melted butter and soups.
- Pour into an ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Lay chicken pieces on top, skin side up.
- Rub chicken with oil to keep from drying out.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 275F for 2 1/4 hours.