This is one of those dishes that you might find making over and over again. There is so much you can add to this and it still taste great.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large skillet heat oil and margarine.
- Add chicken and onion cook and stir until chicken is lightly browned and onions are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 370°F for 1 hour or until rice is tender.