Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of those dishes that you might find making over and over again. There is so much you can add to this and it still taste great.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large skillet heat oil and margarine.
- Add chicken and onion cook and stir until chicken is lightly browned and onions are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 370°F for 1 hour or until rice is tender.
This was so good. And easy to make. The only thing I did different was to use more soup.
A very tasty dish, easy to make. Will serve again many times.
Well, my 12 y-old daugther said after 2 bites: "Mom, THAT is super good!" I think It's un-necessary to add something after that... Oh, by the way, after I cook the chicken, I place everything in my rice cooker with 1/3 cup of water. It took 30 minutes and it was ready and creamy. I saved 30 minutes! Isn't it beautiful?