Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is light and flavorful. I started using instant rice but now I use the basmati rice and WOW what a difference. It brings so much to the flavor.
- Cut up the whole chicken but don't throw anything away, there is a lot of flavor to be had.
- Place chicken in a pot of salted water and simmer until done.
- Pull the chicken from the water and set the water aside.
- Let the chicken cool then remove from the bone.
- Take about 2 1/2 cups of water from your reserve and place in a pot.
- Add your chicken and rice then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins.
- Fluff rice and salt and pepper to taste.