Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a family favorite prepared by my grandmother. It goes well with a green salad for a nice easy dinner.
- 1 lb chicken breast fillet
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Melt butter over meduim heat.
- Add onion
- Stir constantly until onion browns slightly.
- Add chicken and brown lightly
- Add soups and water.
- Stir in rice
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 30-45 minutes until rice is done and chicken is tender.