Recipe by Deb Wolf
This recipe makes enough for a crowd. Creamy rice, tender moist chicken. Great for buffets, potlucks and large families.
- 3⁄4 cup white rice, raw
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (no substitues)
- 8 (4 -6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 ounces almonds, shaved
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275*F. (Yes, 275*).
- Pour butter into bottom of a lasagna dish(13x9 or larger), tilt to cover bottom evenly.
- Combine the rices, sprinkle evenly over the butter.
- Mix soups, milk and wine (or broth).
- Pour 1/3 of it over the rice.
- Place chicken breasts on top of rice/soup.
- Pour remaining soup mixture evenly over chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with almonds and parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 2-1/2 hours. (Yes, that long).
- For Once A Month Cooking - put into 2 - 8" foil pans. Cook 1 hour and freeze. Thaw, cook covered in 350* oven 40 minutes, uncover and heat 15 minutes longer until hot and bubbly.