Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe from Taste of Home Pasta magazine with modifications.
Make and share this Chicken and Ramen Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs, bread crumbs
- 3 (3 ounce) packageschicken ramen noodles
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups bean sprouts
- 4 green onions, sliced
- In small bowl, combine first 4 ingredients.
- Set aside.
- In large resealable bag, place bread crumbs and 2 of the Ramen seasoning packets.
- Add chicken, one piece at a time and shake until coated.
- In skillet on medium high heat, heat oil and cook chicken until done.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Cook noodles
- Add sauce to pan; cook and stir until heated through.
- Drain noodles and add with sprouts/green onions to pan.
- Toss to coat.
- Serve with chicken.
I'm going with 4 stars because it's got great bones and is a great base to play around with flavors. Personally, I would cut the sugar and peanut butter in half (I'm not a healthy person, the sauce was just WAY too sweet for me!) and add about a tablespoon of sesame oil to the whole thing while it's mixing in the pan to add more of that 'Asian' flavor. My roommate tried the 'pork' flavor and BLECH! Definitely stick to chicken or oriental (I had oriental in mine, balanced out the sweetness a bit), don't stray into other animals!
Super delicious! I halved the recipe and cut up my chicken breast into bite size pieces. Just thought it would make it easier to eat. No doubt leaving the breast whole would have made for a crispier piece of chicken, but I found this amazing with the cut up pieces of chicken breast. I'm afraid this may be one of my guilty pleasures. Really enjoyed it and its so easy to make. Thanks for sharing! Made for Holiday tag game.
How could you go wrong with this .. My kids are ramen noodle junkies, there are countless times they have them for lunch or a snack. There comments were "mmmmm". When they don't talk while they are eating that's a good thing. They were not fans of the bean sprouts, but they ate them anyway, and as two kids they loved the peanut butter in this, and want this as often as they can. For the 2 of them , they ate the whole pot. :). Made for Holiday Tag.