Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Really intense lemony flavour, we like this a lot.
- 29.58 ml oil
- 8 chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and halved
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh gingerroot, chopped
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 4 piece preserved lemons, rinsed,flesh discarded
- 118.29 ml pitted green olives
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan.
- Brown the chicken over high heat on all sides.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Place the onion, garlic and ginger in a food processor and work until smooth.
- Add this puree to the frying pan and stir over medium heat for a minute or two, then add the cayenne pepper and paprika.
- Add the stock and lemon juice to the pan, bring to the boil stirring to combine.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced by about 1/3.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the lemon and olives and cook over a medium heat for a further 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve sprinkled with the parsley.
A friend of mine was not only kind enough to educate me regarding preserved lemons, then gave me a bit of it (which I diced) to use in this recipe! Made only half a recipe using 4 medium chicken breasts! Other than that I followed the ingredients & directions as given & served it over brown rice for a GREATLY SATISFYING DINNER! Thanks for the keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Special Recipe Swap #19]