1/1 Photo of Chicken and Preserved Lemon
Really intense lemony flavour, we like this a lot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and halved
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 pieces preserved lemons, rinsed,flesh discarded
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan.
- 2Brown the chicken over high heat on all sides.
- 3Remove from the pan and set aside.
- 4Place the onion, garlic and ginger in a food processor and work until smooth.
- 5Add this puree to the frying pan and stir over medium heat for a minute or two, then add the cayenne pepper and paprika.
- 6Add the stock and lemon juice to the pan, bring to the boil stirring to combine.
- 7Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced by about 1/3.
- 8Return the chicken to the pan and add the lemon and olives and cook over a medium heat for a further 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 9Serve sprinkled with the parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Preserved Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.8
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 77.5 mg
- Sodium 138.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 19.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: