Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Chicken and Prawn Chow Mein
- 300 g noodles
- 30 ml oil
- 500 g chicken
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch spring onion
- 150 g prawns
- 100 g sugarsnap peas
- 100 g carrots
- 425 g chow mein oriental sauce
- handful bean sprouts
- Cook the egg noodles according to pack instructions, then refresh in cold water and drain well.
- Heat a large wok or pan over a high heat. When hot, add peanut oil and when smoking add chicken and prawns, stir fry 2-3 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic and spring onion, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add sugarsnap peas and carrot and continue to cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Finally, add the cooked noodles, chow mein stir fry sauce and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, tossing carefully.
- Place noodles into a large serving bowl, top with bean sprouts and serve. Enjoy with a refreshing glass of beer.