This recipe was handed down by my grandmother. This is a delicious, very inexpensive meal that can feed a large family on a budget. I buy whole cut up chicken. This cuts out the prep time by about 15 minutes.
- Take off the skin from the chicken, discard and place chicken in a plastic bowl.
- Quarter the potatoes and also place in bowl with chicken. Add the chicken bullion and mix until all pieces are covered with bullion.
- In a large cooking pot, add the oil and heat. When oil is heated, add the chopped onions, tomatoes and bell pepper. Saute for about 1 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the chicken and potatoes to the pot and brown the chicken. About 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and add enough water to cover the chicken. Add the cilantro. Add salt IF NEEDED.
- Cover and cook for about 30 minute or until potatoes are cooked.
- Serve with white rice.