1/1 Photo of Chicken and Potatoes With Tomato Sauce (Pollo Sudado)
Chef Sarita in Austin Texas's Note:
This recipe was handed down by my grandmother. This is a delicious, very inexpensive meal that can feed a large family on a budget. I buy whole cut up chicken. This cuts out the prep time by about 15 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take off the skin from the chicken, discard and place chicken in a plastic bowl.
- 2Quarter the potatoes and also place in bowl with chicken. Add the chicken bullion and mix until all pieces are covered with bullion.
- 3In a large cooking pot, add the oil and heat. When oil is heated, add the chopped onions, tomatoes and bell pepper. Saute for about 1 minutes or until translucent.
- 4Add the chicken and potatoes to the pot and brown the chicken. About 7 to 10 minutes.
- 5Add the tomato sauce and add enough water to cover the chicken. Add the cilantro. Add salt IF NEEDED.
- 6Cover and cook for about 30 minute or until potatoes are cooked.
- 7Serve with white rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Potatoes With Tomato Sauce (Pollo Sudado)
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.2
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 115.2 mg
- Sodium 796.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 33.1 g