Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Hearty chicken stew: perfect for a wintry day.
Make and share this Chicken and Potato Stew recipe from Food.com.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper; then, coat with flour.
- In a Dutch oven, saute the chicken in butter until golden.
- Add the onions and potatoes on top of the chicken. Slicing the potatoes thinly ensures that they cook thoroughly.
- Top with cheese and cayenne, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the wine and chicken broth.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours. Stir occasionally.