Recipe by Tomboy
This is easy and quick and surprisingly tasty. Steam some carrots and beans and the meal is complete.
Top Review by Marychef
Was ok, I didn't cook it for as long as the potatoes had already started to break up after half the time, but the chicken was cooked through so it was ok. I also added mixed herbs to give it some more flavour.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced thickly
- 1 large onion, sliced thickly
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 chicken stock cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken into serving size pieces and coat in flour.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan which has a tightly fitting lid.
- Add the chicken and brown lightly and evenly.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add to pan the potatoes and onion and brown evenly.
- Return chicken to the pan.
- Pour over combined chicken stock cube and water.
- Bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 3/4 hr gently stirring occasionally.