Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is easy and quick and surprisingly tasty. Steam some carrots and beans and the meal is complete.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced thickly
- 1 large onion, sliced thickly
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Cut the chicken into serving size pieces and coat in flour.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan which has a tightly fitting lid.
- Add the chicken and brown lightly and evenly.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add to pan the potatoes and onion and brown evenly.
- Return chicken to the pan.
- Pour over combined chicken stock cube and water.
- Bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 3/4 hr gently stirring occasionally.
Was ok, I didn't cook it for as long as the potatoes had already started to break up after half the time, but the chicken was cooked through so it was ok. I also added mixed herbs to give it some more flavour.
Fantastic! I made this last night and am already wanting to make it again. Tasty and simple :-)
I have made this probably 4-6 times. (can ya' tell I like it) It is a great way to use up chix, potato and onion. I think about all I do different is throw a little salt and pepper on the meat and then again while it is frying and wala. The chicken comes out super moist (which is a plus for me because I always seem to make the boneless skinless chicken super dry , but not with this recipe) The gravy this makes is super flavorful. The whole recipe is just yummy.