Recipe by mailbelle
Living in the Deep South, I never cared for soup because the weather is always so hot here, but this is one that I do like in the winter. Goes together quickly with things most cooks have on hand.
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 14.79 ml butter
- 473.18 ml frozen whole kernel corn
- 354.88 ml chicken broth
- 354.88 ml chopped peeled potatoes
- 113.39 g candiced green chili peppers, drained
- 1.23 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 473.18 ml milk
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 141.74 g cooked chicken, cut into thin strips (1 cup)
- 73.94 ml snipped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large suacepan cook onion in hot butter for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add corn, chicken broth, potato, chile peppers, and black pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Ina screw-top jar combine milk and flour; cover and shake well. Add to potato mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add chicken and cilantro. Heat through.