Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy to make dinner, especially on a cold winter day.
Make and share this Chicken and Potato Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Saute onions in butter. Heat milk, sauted onions, soup, chicken and sour cream.
- In bottom of buttered baking dish place a layer of shredded potatoes. About 1- 2-inches thick.
- Pour half of heated sauce over layer of potatoes.
- Then add a layer of cheese.
- Repeat for one more layer of potatoes and sauce and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30- 45 minutes covered.
This was really delicious. I used up some frozen shredded smothered chicken and sauteed extra veggies that had to be used up with the scallion, and added all of the rest of the ingredients. (used cream of chicken soup) I may not add the cheese next time unless it's going to be meatless. (can't wait to try it like that also) This makes quite a bit, and a economical way to use leftover meat & to feed a crowd. Thanks for posting this. Diest