Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
A good winter warmer.
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 lb new potato, sliced into circles about 5mm thick
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 pint 1% low-fat milk
- 6 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix the chicken into the marinade.
- Boil the potatoes until soft, and drain.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the chicken on a medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the peppers and spring onions and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour into the milk and heat in a saucepan on a low to medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Mix the stock cubes with a little boiling water to form a thick liquid.
- Stir the stock into the milk.
- Layer the potatoes, chicken mix, tomatoes and a little of the sauce into a baking dish.
- Repeat 3 times finishing with the sauce on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 165c.