Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I just threw this dish together when I had some surprise lunch guests stop by one day. You can use different flavors depending on your taste. It's a great casual lunch to enjoy by the pool (no utensils necessary), and it's easy and healthy. My sister tried this recipe with peanut sauce (and no curry powder) instead of the chili sauce and she liked that too.
Filling for wraps
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 large portabella mushroom (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons diced red onions (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 4 large tortillas (I like the whole wheat pita wraps) or 4 large pita bread (I like the whole wheat pita wraps)
- Heat oil in a medium sized skillet. Add chicken. When chicken is about halfway cooked, add curry powder (diluted with water).
- Lower heat. Add spinach leaves(you can add a little more oil if needed) portabella, salt and chili garlic sauce.
- In the meantime, beat yogurt with salt and pepper in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients and chill until ready to serve.
- Cook the chicken mixture for about 10-12 minutes, stirring often. The chicken should be fully cooked (of course) and the spinach and mushrooms will be tender.
- Fill wraps with chicken mixture and spoon yogurt sauce on top. Serve with chili garlic sauce on the side if desired.
Nice, easy meal. I put the spinach in raw (personal preference). Thanks for sharing!