1/1 Photo of Chicken and Pork Apritada
1 hr 20 mins
This is a Filipino dish that's easy to cook and very tasty. You don't have to be precise with the chopping, it all gets mixed in like a stew and simmered. You can also vary the ingredients to your liking. Serve it with white rice. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 lb pork
- 1/2 lb kielbasa, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, halved and quartered
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas or 1/2 cup lima beans
- 1 medium onion, largely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 large tomato, largely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water or 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 -2 teaspoon soy sauce, to color
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1Chop chicken, pork, sausage, and potatoes into serving size pieces.
- 2Heat oil in large heavy pot.
- 3Sauté garlic and onion for a few minutes until fragrant.
- 4Add pork, sausage, chicken, chopped tomato, salt and pepper.
- 5Sauté for about 5 minutes.
- 6Add tomato sauce and soy sauce to color.
- 7Add enough water or chicken broth to cook meat.
- 8Cover and simmer until meat is tender then add potatoes.
- 9When potatoes are almost done, add bell pepper and peas and cook for additional 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Pork Apritada
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.4
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 145.0 mg
- Sodium 904.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 42.7 g