Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a Filipino dish that's easy to cook and very tasty. You don't have to be precise with the chopping, it all gets mixed in like a stew and simmered. You can also vary the ingredients to your liking. Serve it with white rice. Enjoy!
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 lb pork
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, halved and quartered
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas or 1⁄2 cup lima beans
- 1 medium onion, largely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 large tomatoes, largely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 -2 teaspoon soy sauce, to color
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Chop chicken, pork, sausage, and potatoes into serving size pieces.
- Heat oil in large heavy pot.
- Sauté garlic and onion for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add pork, sausage, chicken, chopped tomato, salt and pepper.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and soy sauce to color.
- Add enough water or chicken broth to cook meat.
- Cover and simmer until meat is tender then add potatoes.
- When potatoes are almost done, add bell pepper and peas and cook for additional 5 minutes.
This was easy to prepare and I enjoyed it. I used the chicken broth and the peas. The flavor was really good and I didn't change or add anything! Made for Fall PAC 2007