1/1 Photo of Chicken and Poblano Quesadillas With Guacamole
An appetizer recipe I found in my Weber's Charcoal Grilling cookbook that plan to try soon!! Time doesn't include the 3 hour marinating of the chicken. I haven't tried this recipe yet, but plan to grill some onions, along with the chicken and chiles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stem removed
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh basil leaf
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 8 oz. each)
- 2 Hass avocadoes, pitted and skins removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 medium poblano chiles, stems removed
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 1In a food processor, mince the garlic and jalapeno. Add the remaining paste ingredients, process until smooth. Smear the paste on all sides of the chicken breasts. Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- 2In a medium bowl, mash the avocado with the back of a fork and immediately add the lime juice; mix well. Roughly chop the garlic,
- 3then sprinkle the salt over the garlic and, using the side of a knife, crush the garlic with the salt until you create smooth paste. Add the
- 4garlic mixture, cilantro, and pepper to the bowl. Mix well.
- 5Grill the chicken breasts over direct medium heat (350°F to 450°F), until the juices run clear and meat is opaque in the center, 10 to
- 615 minutes, turning once and swapping their positions as needed for even cooking. At the same time, grill the poblano chiles over direct medium heat until evenly charred on all sides, 7 to 9 minutes, turning as
- 7needed. Remove from the grill and allow to cool. Cut the chicken breasts into thin slices. Peel away the charred skins from the chiles; roughly chop the flesh.
- 8Lay the tortillas a single layer on a work surface. Evenly divide the chicken, chiles, and cheese over half of each tortilla. Fold the empty half of each tortilla over the filling, creating a half-circle, and press down firmly. Grill the quesadillas over direct medium heat until well marked
- 9and the cheese has melted, 4 to 6 minutes, turning once and swapping their positions as needed for even cooking. Allow the quesadillas to cool for a minute or two before cutting into wedges.
- 10Serve warm with the guacamole spooned on the top of each wedge.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Poblano Quesadillas With Guacamole
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.9
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 88.0 mg
- Sodium 1115.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 31.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: