1/6 Photos of Chicken and Pineapple Skewers
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I thought this sounded delicious especially during grilling weather or as a looking-for-warmer weather dish. Recipe source: local newspaper
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3.69 ml cumin
- 9.85 ml curry powder
- 4.92 ml turmeric
- 236.59 ml unsweetened coconut milk (light version is fine)
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 7.39 ml rice vinegar
- 7.39 ml honey
- salt and pepper
- 680.38 g boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled,cored and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 6-8 wooden skewers or 6-8 metal skewers (if using wood soak for at least 30 minutes)
- 1In a small skillet toast the cumin, curry powder and turmeric over low heat stirring for about 20 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl whisk together the toasted spices, coconut milk, oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Add chicken, tossing to coat evenly and then refrigerate for at least one hour.
- 3Start the grill or preheat the broiler (if using broiler grease the broiler pan well).
- 4Thread the skewers alternating pieces of chicken, bell pepper and pineapple. Season skewers with salt and pepper.
- 5Lightly grease the grill rack with oil and then place the skewers on it and grill for 4-6 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Pineapple Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.7
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 119.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 38.0 g