Recipe by ellie_
I thought this sounded delicious especially during grilling weather or as a looking-for-warmer weather dish. Recipe source: local newspaper
Top Review by loof
Wonderful grilled chicken recipe! I used light coconut milk and marinated all day. My curry powder was pretty hot but I think I would add even more heat next time because the coconut milk really mellowed it out. Love grilled pineapples and red peppers so this was great for us. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for ZWT9, The Apron String Travelers
- 3.69 ml cumin
- 9.85 ml curry powder
- 4.92 ml turmeric
- 236.59 ml unsweetened coconut milk (light version is fine)
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 7.39 ml rice vinegar
- 7.39 ml honey
- salt and pepper
- 680.38 g boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled,cored and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 6-8 wooden skewers or 6-8 metal skewers (if using wood soak for at least 30 minutes)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small skillet toast the cumin, curry powder and turmeric over low heat stirring for about 20 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the toasted spices, coconut milk, oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Add chicken, tossing to coat evenly and then refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Start the grill or preheat the broiler (if using broiler grease the broiler pan well).
- Thread the skewers alternating pieces of chicken, bell pepper and pineapple. Season skewers with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease the grill rack with oil and then place the skewers on it and grill for 4-6 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked.