Prep1 hr 10 mins
I thought this sounded delicious especially during grilling weather or as a looking-for-warmer weather dish. Recipe source: local newspaper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (light version is fine)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple, peeled,cored and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 6 -8 wooden skewers or 6 -8 metal skewers (if using wood soak for at least 30 minutes)
- In a small skillet toast the cumin, curry powder and turmeric over low heat stirring for about 20 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the toasted spices, coconut milk, oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Add chicken, tossing to coat evenly and then refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Start the grill or preheat the broiler (if using broiler grease the broiler pan well).
- Thread the skewers alternating pieces of chicken, bell pepper and pineapple. Season skewers with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease the grill rack with oil and then place the skewers on it and grill for 4-6 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked.
Wonderful grilled chicken recipe! I used light coconut milk and marinated all day. My curry powder was pretty hot but I think I would add even more heat next time because the coconut milk really mellowed it out. Love grilled pineapples and red peppers so this was great for us. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for ZWT9, The Apron String Travelers
We enjoyed these chicken pineapple skewers. They had really nice flavor and I liked that they involved minimal prep for a weeknight meal. I used light coconut milk and fresh pineapple. We used slightly more curry powder than indicated after tasting the marinade (prior to adding the chicken), which did the trick for us. We prepared on the outdoor grill. Thanks, ellie!
Very good - will make again! LOVED the marinade (I used pina colada mix as I could not find the unsweetened coconut milk).