Recipe by Doreen Randal
This is nice, I have used ordinary roast chicken. CHICKEN AND PINEAPPLE SALAD WITH CURRY MAYONNAISE
Top Review by Spicy Gal
I just made this, and am another delighted fan! I substituted plain Greek yogurt and a pinch of stevia for 1/2 cup of the mayo, and I used chives instead of the spring onions. DEE-lightful! Certainly a keeper, thank you.
- 1 barbecued chicken
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, shredded
- 1 (440 g) can unsweetened pineapple slices, drained
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- CURRIED MAYONNAISE:.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- CHICKEN AND PINEAPPLE SALAD:.
- Toast coconut on oven tray in moderate oven for about 5 minutes.
- Cut chicken and pineapple into chunks; place in bowl, mix in coconut, shallots and Mayonnaise.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Serves 4.
- Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- New Zealand.