Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is nice, I have used ordinary roast chicken. CHICKEN AND PINEAPPLE SALAD WITH CURRY MAYONNAISE
- 1 barbecued chicken
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, shredded
- 1 (440 g) can unsweetened pineapple slices, drained
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- CURRIED MAYONNAISE:.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- CHICKEN AND PINEAPPLE SALAD:.
- Toast coconut on oven tray in moderate oven for about 5 minutes.
- Cut chicken and pineapple into chunks; place in bowl, mix in coconut, shallots and Mayonnaise.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Serves 4.
- Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- New Zealand.
I just made this, and am another delighted fan! I substituted plain Greek yogurt and a pinch of stevia for 1/2 cup of the mayo, and I used chives instead of the spring onions. DEE-lightful! Certainly a keeper, thank you.
Absolutely amazing!! This is my favorite lunch. I get excited when I can make it and take it to work. Thank you, thank you..
This curried mayonnaise is fantastic (it deserves 10 stars). I didnt have coconut milk at home so used coconut cream instead and have made four batches already (and I have only had the recipe for a week). Neither I, nor my family are coconut fans, so I made my own chicken salad and just used the curried mayonnaise dressing with it and it is a new family favourite recipe, thank you so much for the amazing mayonnaise!