Recipe by Brian Holley
Pineapple curry is very popular in Sri lanka. Here is a recipe that uses chicken, pine apple, coconut milk and yogurt to make a super curry. This is a dish we have often as it's not too hot for first timers to a curry, ( not us but visitors).
Top Review by Karmology Clinic
Very nice combination of the coconut, curry and the pineapple.I used one cup of coconut milk as it is in step 4 cause I couldn't see the point of separating the water from the solids. oh, I added 3 tbsp of grated coconut in step 4 and it turned out great.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken, cubed
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 100 ml plain yogurt
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 150 ml coconut water
- 75 ml coconut milk
- 150 g pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the curry powder, chilli powder, lemon juice and yogurt. Marinate the chicken in this mix for 30 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a pan and fry the onion till light brown. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Strain the water from a tin of coconut milk, save the solids for later. Add the milk to the pan,cover pan and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk solids and stir till it melts.
- Add the pineapple cover pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with the chopped coriander leave and a vegetable dish and rice.