Recipe by Batty Boop
This recipe originated in a Canadian Living magazine. I changed it a bit over the years and added more vegetables. I like the fact that all the food groups are in it.
Top Review by vcj12004
I really liked this recipe. It was easy to make. It made enough pineapple sauce to put over the rice. It is a very lightly seasoned dish. My family prefer medium seasoning, so I had to season to their taste. The recipe is basic enough to add what seasonings you like, and it will not ruin it.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4.92 ml oil or 4.92 ml butter
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 44.37 ml vinegar
- 14.79 ml sugar or 2 package artificial sweetener
- 4.92 ml cajun spices (or to taste)
- 0.25 ml black pepper
- 396.89 g can pineapple tidbits
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 3 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 pepper, sliced (I use a combination of coloured peppers)
- 12-16 snow peas
- 3 green onions (optional)
- soya sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter or oil in fry pan.
- Brown chicken breasts and remove to plate.
- Deglaze pan with chicken broth.
- Add vinegar, sugar, cajun spice and pepper.
- Simmer on medium heat for a minute or two.
- Drain pineapple and reserve tidbits.
- Set aside.
- Put cornstarch in pineapple juice and stir.
- Add to fry pan to thicken chicken broth.
- Stirring often.
- At this point put chicken back in pan,cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken and add celery.
- Simmer another 5 minutes and add peppers and snow peas.
- Simmer another 5 minutes till vegetables are tender crisp.
- Stir in reserved pineapple.
- Serve over white or brown rice.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and sprinkle with soya sauce.