Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Inspired by the traditional dishes (Peleau) of Trinidad and Tobago. From Kraft.
- 4 slice finely chopped bacon
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 44.37 ml sofrito sauce (recipes on food.com)
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 226.79 g canspanish style tomato sauce (like Goya brand)
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 473.18 ml long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 425.24 g can pigeon peas, drained (gandules)
- 354.88 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon, onion and sofrito sauce base in large skillet on medium-high heat 5 minute or until bacon is almost crisp. Add chicken to skillet; brown on all sides.
- Stir tomato sauce and broth into skillet; bring to boil. Add rice and pigeon peas. Bring to boil; cover.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.