Inspired by the traditional dishes (Peleau) of Trinidad and Tobago. From Kraft.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices finely chopped bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons sofrito sauce (recipes on food.com)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can spanish style tomato sauce (like Goya brand)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 (15 ounce) can pigeon peas, drained (gandules)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Cook bacon, onion and sofrito sauce base in large skillet on medium-high heat 5 minute or until bacon is almost crisp. Add chicken to skillet; brown on all sides.
- 2Stir tomato sauce and broth into skillet; bring to boil. Add rice and pigeon peas. Bring to boil; cover.
- 3Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Pigeon Peas Skillet Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (679 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1154.7
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 158.8 mg
- Sodium 1410.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 146.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 81.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: